About The Role
We are reimagining how people work in retail — that means we are building products that impact over 1/4 of all US workers. We strive to earn their trust, provide them flexible ways of working, and continue to make people excited about their role in one of the largest industries in America. It’s our mission to build the best way to work in retail.
This is where you come in. As a designer at Reflex, your responsibilities are to design for a platform that focuses on the people of the retail industry. We face exciting challenges each day in product, branding, and materials alike — so we hope you are excited to dive in and wear multiple hats.
What You'll Achieve
- You’ll craft every detail of new product features and launches — from idea to UX to pixel-perfect delivery.
- You'll collaborate with internal and external stakeholders alike to understand what each our unique user segments need and how we can solve their problems.
- You'll have ownership in implementing design systems, brand assets, user research, marketing, and more in an industry where taste is essential.
- Your contributions will be meaningful, valuable, and of high impact.
- You’ll be a member of a passionate and highly skilled product team.
- Thoughtful problem solver: You're a superstar at getting to the bottom of tricky problems. You are comfortable working through hard challenges, both alone and with others.
- You like to “get it done”: you have well-rounded skills and experience to run projects end to end.
- Pragmatic and business-oriented: "Business impact" isn't just a fancy phrase you hear team members talk about. You embrace the objective of the company, make tradeoffs relentlessly, and prioritize projects better than anyone.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you build and how it shapes people's lives.
- Excellent communicator: You communicate ideas clearly and engage thoughtfully with others. You love to tell stories using words and visuals.
Nice to Haves
- You’ve designed and built products you are proud of with small teams in the past..
- You are passionate about shaping your craft in new areas, such as illustration, type, product design, or code.
- You have worked in an early stage start up.
- You have worked in retail — or know someone that has!
- You have practical experience in UI/UX or brand design.
- You love Figma
Our customers and users come from all walks of life, and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. If you share our values and our enthusiasm to improve retail, you'll find a home here at Reflex. Reflex is proud to value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.